:: Re: [DNG] Kernel Vulnerabilities or…
Página Inicial
Autor: Olaf Meeuwissen
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] Kernel Vulnerabilities or who understands this mess
Hi,

Ken Dibble <ken@???> writes:

> Well, a consequence of this investigation was that I was forced to
> double check some things.
>
> The thing I found is that the default /etc/apt/sources.list has
> chimaera-updates and chimaera-security commented out.
> Is this really well thought out?
> I would think that most people would want those enabled.

The *-security entry is enabled by default, IIRC, *unless* the installer
was not able to contact it. This *may* have happened if you used an
installer while chimaera was not yet released. Obviously, if you
installed without a network connection, it will be disabled.

Your sources.list should have appropriate comments if the installer
disabled it.

Whether you want *-updates enabled is debatable.

And while writing this up I suddenly seem to remember the installer
asking me what to enable/disable. That may have been an advanced mode
installation though.

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen                    FSF Associate Member since 2004-01-27