:: Re: [DNG] online purchasing (dunno …
Pàgina inicial
Autor: o1bigtenor
A: Devuan ML
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] online purchasing (dunno - - - maybe OT)
Greetings

Wondering what others are noticing.

I made a purchase from an online store - - - its a smaller entity that
covers some interesting niches - - therefore the order.

In doing the purchase - - - noticed, using uBlockOrigin and
PrivacyBadger, that paypal 'only' has some 9 domains linked into the
transaction. Hmmm - - - that's not all - - - that's what PrivacyBadger
was picking up - - - uBlockOrigin noted that there were some 15
domains of which it blocked some 4. Still linked were crackbook and a
bunch of ms googly's garbage.

So I called the company to tell them that I found this concerning.

I asked the person that I was talking to if they were into internet
privacy and security - - - very much so was the answer. So I asked him
why he needed all these domains connected. The long and short of it
was that he got quite huffy and asked me to cancel my order (and
without saying so) get lost. It is more important to him that everyone
and his dog know about his transactions that it is for him to make
transactions.

I do wish there were a way of warning other customers - - - - his
website is likely a magnet for web bottom feeders and he doesn't think
its worth things about.

Oh well - - - for me - - - once and not again.

Its bloody hard not to purchase online - - - what are any of you
seeing, think about this, doing about this?

What can be done to minimize the negative effects of dealing with this
kind of website?

Hopefully not just adjudged as noise!

TIA