:: [devuan-dev] bug#668: samba on chim…
Author: Mark Hindley
To: dvn-bugs, 668
Subject: [devuan-dev] bug#668: samba on chimaera:i386 fails for logging and sockets
Control: tags -1 debian

Hi d,

Thanks for this.

On Mon, Mar 07, 2022 at 07:44:59PM +0100, dvn-bugs@??? wrote:
> Package: samba
> Version: 2:4.13.13+dfsg-1~deb11u3
> Architecture: i386
>
> we're successfully running samba 2:4.9.5+dfsg-5+deb10u3 in a container
> with devuan beowulf since several months, but decides to migrate all
> containers to chimaera, but this fails for several reasons.

None of Devuan's samba packages are forked and we used Debian's packages
directly without recompilation. So, in principle this should be reported to
Debian's BTS to be fixed.

I have little recent experience with samba. However,

> 1.
> having "bind interfaces only = yes" in config, smbd errors out with
> "INTERNAL ERROR: open_sockets_smbd()" and "open_sockets_smbd: No sockets
> available to bind to"

are you sure you also have

interfaces = lo

configured (at least)?

If you do and it still doesn't work, then please forward your report to Debian.

Thanks

Mark