:: [devuan-dev] bug#663: man-db: "man …
Author: Dr. Nikolaus Klepp
To: Mark Hindley
CC: 663
Subject: [devuan-dev] bug#663: man-db: "man open" gives the manpage of "xdg-open"
Got a "wontfix" and "bug closed" from Debian:

"Yes, that's because /usr/share/man/man1/open.1.gz exists as an
alternative which is symlinked to xdg-open.1.gz on your system (via
alternatives), and section 1 is first in the priority list, so man is
working as designed. Use "man 2 open" to get the page for the system
call."

What nutball does such things?

Nik

Anno domini 2022 Wed, 16 Feb 15:20:19 +0000
Mark Hindley scripsit: