:: Re: [DNG] grub 2.04 and kernel 2.6
Author: Peter Duffy
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] grub 2.04 and kernel 2.6
On Mon, 2022-02-14 at 06:57 -0500, Curtis Maurand wrote:

> Wow. Nice piece of troubleshooting.

Thanks :) Not there yet though - still some way to go ;)

> Have you thought about virtualizing some of this? I have a windows 7
> machine that I virtualized a long time ago. I just move it from host to
> host. VMWare has a free tool that will convert your physical machine to
> a virtual machine. qemu has tools to convert from vmdk (vmware virtual
> machine format) to qcow2 for kvm. Even better, you can run them at the
> same time. :-)
>
> Just a thought.
> -Curtis

I have another box that I use principally for VMs (ryzen 7 16-core with
64g ram) and on that, I've got both windows 7 and 10 VMs - but I'm still
trying to migrate the software from the physical to the virtual systems.
There are strange dependencies which just don't seem to work in the VMs
(they're virtualbox-based - I might have more success with vmware).

Also - worth keeping in mind that after the chimaera upgrade and with
grub 2.04, windows 7 boots fine. It's the CentOS 6.7 linux system which
won't boot! :(