:: Re: [DNG] Install Daedalus
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Emanuel Loos
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Install Daedalus
A server normally does not have a graphics card and is often headless
(no screen, mouse and keyboard) so a GUI would take away performance and
storage capacity for nothing. Therefore the server image only installs a
command line environment if I am correct. The installation assistant is
quite minimal since there is not much there yet to use. It is not a live
image that boots up a whole system and copies itself but kind of like a
OS that is only doing one task: Installing a customized Devuan system by
extracting and configuring packages from the collection of packages on
it. You did not really write much about why you need to use a NTFS file
system during installation so I can not really come up with solutions.
The same goes for graphics. However if you just need to get some data to
the installer consider formatting a USB stick or SD card in another file
system like FAT (old, limitations, works everywhere) or ext4 (Linux-only
[meaning the kernel, Devuan is a GNU/Linux distribution]). Consider
downloading packages you need and copying them to a stick so you can
install them on your server.

Best regards

Emanuel Loos