:: Re: [DNG] Menu of applications vani…
Author: Hendrik Boom
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Menu of applications vanished from lxqt
On Mon, Feb 07, 2022 at 10:11:32PM +0100, aitor wrote:
> Hi Hendrik,
>
> On 7/2/22 19:38, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> > I believe this started when I did a routine security upgrade,
> > and installed a program to convert markdown files to asciidoc format.

Whoops! Checked apt history. Did that security upgrade, do not seem to hav installed the convertor.
locate does not find the converter, even after I updatedb.

I must have merely investigated what I would have to do.

> You can try moving out converter's .desktop file from
> /usr/share/applications or /usr/local/share/applications to  know whether
> the origin of the issue is in the installed program, causing the launcher
> to freeze.

And I cannot find a .desktop file for the converter, either.

In any case, the converter would have been installed using
    gem install kramdown-ascidoc
so it wouldn't show up on the apt log even if I had installed it.

> On the other hand, if I am not mistaken lxqt uses the openbox
> window manager, and I assume you aren't starting a window manager session
> instead of the desktop environment.

Interactive aptitude tells me that openbox is not installed.

So I must be using something else.

I'm going to use the guest account and see if the same happens there.

-- hendrik