:: Re: [DNG] questions further into ne…
Author: Simon
To: Devuan ML
Subject: Re: [DNG] questions further into networking
o1bigtenor via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

> I have been considering setting up a 'Pihole' to enhance my network here.
>
> Is a Pihole a useful addition into a ipv6 network or ?????

(As already mentioned) The Pihole works at the DNS level, so it simply blocks DNS lookups for “stuff you don’t want”. So it’s agnostic to the transport layer - IPv4 or IPv6.
I can’t help thinking that one (of several) reasons for things like DNSoverHTTPS, and as I recently read on another mailing list that (at least) one of the TV streaming devices only works with the vendor’s DNS service is to bypass protections like DNS filtering/blocking.

Simon