:: Re: [devuan-dev] https://gitea.devu…
Author: Gray Remlin
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] https://gitea.devuan.org/gryrmln/wicd
On Thu, 27 Jan 2022 at 20:42, Andreas Messer <andi@???> wrote:

> Am Thu, Jan 27, 2022 at 07:19:55PM +0000 schrieb Gray Remlin:
> > amesser is not interested, python3-wicd (mostly) works on both beowulf
> and
> > chimera
>
> Huh? I think I just replied your email, that I came to conclusion that
> for my feeling wicd needs much more than just adapting it for python3. And
> since I'm not really using it by myself other people might suit better to
> do this work. I think I also offered you to take over control of wicd's
> project page at launchpad.net, maybe considering my work done so far. That
> something different than just "he is not interested" right?
>
> That is what I said, YOU are not interested in taking it on, which is why

I presume you offered launchpad.net to me.
(I did then look, but could not find any code there authored by you).
I have no interest in maintaining deb packages for Debian or messing with
launchpad. As far as I am concerned as wicd
has been abandoned, the repo on gitea.devuan.org is now 'The Upstream',
anyone is welcome to fork from that.

"wicd needs much more than just adapting it for python3"
Agreed, backed up by 67 files changed, 1530 insertions(+), 1352
deletions(-)

It is now in a state usable by me, it does everything I require of it.
I am prepared to invest more resources for the benefit of others if, and
only if, it is going somewhere...
Gray