:: Re: [DNG] connecting to a chromeboo…
Top Pagina
Auteur: o1bigtenor
CC: Devuan ML
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] connecting to a chromebook (OT??)
On Wed, Jan 26, 2022 at 8:31 AM Antony Stone
<Antony.Stone@???> wrote:

> On Wednesday 26 January 2022 at 15:24:35, o1bigtenor via Dng wrote:
>
> > Greetings
> >
> > If this is too far off topic - - - please advise.
>
> It's not on-topic, but I'm pretty sure people will try to advise :)
>
> > Just got myself a chromebook
>
> > My routher is at 192.168.1.1 and all my other hardware is visible there.
> > The chromebook says it is at 100.115.92.204/28.
> >
> > How did it get there?
>
> That range is reserved by IANA for certain types of connectivity providers;
> maybe yours is one of them.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPv4#Special-use_addresses

I had looked there and had noted that the ip address fell into that range - -
- - but - - - -

> > How is it connecting to and through the router?
>
> Well, *IS* it connecting through the router? Can you access Internet websites
> or log in to thing by SSH etc?

Its using a wireless connection from the router.
Yes - - - access the weather report so connectivity is there.

> What does "route -n" tell you?

route -n
Kernel IP routing table
Destination           Gateway                   Genmask               more
0.0.0.0                 100.115.92.193        0.0.0.0
100.115.92.192    0.0.0.0                      255.255.255.240

thought I'd check if I was connected by IP address - - meant I had to
know the MAC
address of the puppy. Supposedly you do chrome://system in the browser - -
except that didn't work - - got me some fluff page.
Then there was the suggestion that you find your hardware page at the log in.
That also wasn't as depicted.
Found a page listed as diagnostics - - - there I found listed a
BSSID: but it doesn't match what my router table has !!!!!!!
Included was an IP address which does fit on my router - - -
so I was able to find the address - - - - what an ordeal.
Seems like the machine was only made to be run and controlled
from afar - - - pity. Might be a decent tool otherwise!

(Touch keyboard doesn't have Control or Alt keys so need to find a
different touch keyboard or add a bluetooth keyboard - - - I may do both.)

Thanks for the tools - - - - I wouldn't have gotten things done without
the help!!!!!!!!

Regards