:: [DNG] connecting to a chromebook (O…
Author: o1bigtenor
To: Devuan ML
Subject: [DNG] connecting to a chromebook (OT??)
Greetings

If this is too far off topic - - - please advise.

Just got myself a chromebook - - - - lots of hoopla la about tablets
and though I'd try one.
Its a fairly brain dead POS so I'm trying to find ways to make it useful!

So I go into the terminal ad do ifconfig and ip a and what I'm
getting is a weird ip address.

My routher is at 192.168.1.1 and all my other hardware is visible there.
The chromebook says it is at 100.115.92.204/28.

How did it get there?

How is it connecting to and through the router?
Chromebook docs seem very light - - - hugely the 'trust us' modus - -
- which means that I don't.

I am wanting to use this thing to read pdf's when not at my computer
(ie lunch or other such times).

Not even sure what to do - - - ideas/suggestions - - please?

TIA