:: Re: [DNG] Bug in synaptic package m…
Góra strony
Autor: tempforever
Dla: dng
Temat: Re: [DNG] Bug in synaptic package manager?
tito via Dng wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Jan 2022 17:49:49 +0900
> Olaf Meeuwissen via Dng <dng@???> wrote:
>
>> Hi Tito,
>>
>> tito via Dng <dng@???> writes:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> while trying to open the Settings>Repositories menu in Synaptic package manager i get:
>>>
>>>  synaptic-pkexec
>>> ERROR:root:Cannot import UbuntuDrivers: No module named 'UbuntuDrivers'
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>   File "/usr/bin/software-properties-gtk", line 101, in <module>
>>>     app = SoftwarePropertiesGtk(datadir=options.data_dir, options=options, file=file)
>>>   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/softwareproperties/gtk/SoftwarePropertiesGtk.py", line 109, in __init__
>>>     SoftwareProperties.__init__(self, options=options, datadir=datadir)
>>>   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/softwareproperties/SoftwareProperties.py", line 109, in __init__
>>>     self.reload_sourceslist()
>>>   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/softwareproperties/SoftwareProperties.py", line 599, in reload_sourceslist
>>>     self.distro.get_sources(self.sourceslist)
>>>   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/aptsources/distro.py", line 91, in get_sources
>>>     raise NoDistroTemplateException(
>>> aptsources.distro.NoDistroTemplateException: Error: could not find a distribution template for Devuan/chimaera

>>> Could this be a bug ot did I just manage to break my setup once again?
>> Here's wondering why youu'd need UbuntuDrivers on a Devuan system but
>> ... I'd try an `apt update` with root privileges on the command line
>> to check that your APT sources are okay. Probably
>>
>> sudo apt update
> Hi,
> apt works for me it is just the dialog to modify, add or delete repositories in synaptic
> that doesn't work as some template is missing:
>
> aptsources.distro.NoDistroTemplateException: Error: could not find a distribution template for Devuan/chimaera
>
> I was wondering If we couldn't add this template to synaptic itself
> or to software-properties-gtk package.
>
> Ciao,
> Tito

Tito,
It appears that there are no devuan-specific template files for
synaptic.  Attached is my first attempt (copied from Debian template,
and modified, but I probably got some things wrong).  These two files go
in /usr/share/python-apt/templates
Hope this helps somewhat.

Temp
http://deb.devuan.org/devuan/