:: Re: [DNG] Bug in synaptic package m…
Góra strony
Autor: tito
Dla: dng
Temat: Re: [DNG] Bug in synaptic package manager?
On Tue, 25 Jan 2022 17:49:49 +0900
Olaf Meeuwissen via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

> Hi Tito,
>
> tito via Dng <dng@???> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> > while trying to open the Settings>Repositories menu in Synaptic package manager i get:
> >
> >  synaptic-pkexec
> > ERROR:root:Cannot import UbuntuDrivers: No module named 'UbuntuDrivers'
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "/usr/bin/software-properties-gtk", line 101, in <module>
> >     app = SoftwarePropertiesGtk(datadir=options.data_dir, options=options, file=file)
> >   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/softwareproperties/gtk/SoftwarePropertiesGtk.py", line 109, in __init__
> >     SoftwareProperties.__init__(self, options=options, datadir=datadir)
> >   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/softwareproperties/SoftwareProperties.py", line 109, in __init__
> >     self.reload_sourceslist()
> >   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/softwareproperties/SoftwareProperties.py", line 599, in reload_sourceslist
> >     self.distro.get_sources(self.sourceslist)
> >   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/aptsources/distro.py", line 91, in get_sources
> >     raise NoDistroTemplateException(
> > aptsources.distro.NoDistroTemplateException: Error: could not find a distribution template for Devuan/chimaera

> > Could this be a bug ot did I just manage to break my setup once again?
>
> Here's wondering why youu'd need UbuntuDrivers on a Devuan system but
> ... I'd try an `apt update` with root privileges on the command line
> to check that your APT sources are okay. Probably
>
> sudo apt update

Hi,
apt works for me it is just the dialog to modify, add or delete repositories in synaptic
that doesn't work as some template is missing:

aptsources.distro.NoDistroTemplateException: Error: could not find a distribution template for Devuan/chimaera

I was wondering If we couldn't add this template to synaptic itself
or to software-properties-gtk package.

Ciao,
Tito