:: Re: [DNG] kernel-update: initramfs …
Author: Bruce Perens
To: Florian Zieboll
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] kernel-update: initramfs fails to find swap
Florian,

I'm glad that worked. What I found with initramfs-tools was that kernels I
built on my workstation were not working on my laptop because they ended up
having hardcoded device references built into the initramfs. Thus must be
especially relevant to people who build kernels for inclusion in a
distribution. Dracut is intended to do without these hardcoded things. IMO
if they are anywhere, they belong in the GRUB command line.

    Thanks

    Bruce