:: Re: [DNG] kernel-update: initramfs …
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Florian Zieboll
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] kernel-update: initramfs fails to find swap
On Sun, 23 Jan 2022 20:29:39 +0100
aitor <aitor_czr@???> wrote:

> If the name swap happens randomly, then the required setting might be:
>
> RESUME=none
>
> instead of:
>
> resume=UUID=<correct UUID here>
>
> in your /etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/resume
>
> HTH,
>
> Aitor

Thank you Aitor, that was the crucial hint, the 'RESUME' variable is
upper case... of course: an environment variable! So my system boots
fine and fast again and also suspend/resume works.

Still, when I have the 'RESUME' variable defined correctly in
'/etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/resume', 'update-initramfs -u' does not
return anything but

update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-5.10.0-11-amd64

while with the lowercase spelling (as well as with an empty config), it
additionally returns the (also formerly quoted) info lines

I: The initramfs will attempt to resume from /dev/sdb1
I: (UUID=a743df91-ac0a-419b-95e7-5c266447e543)
I: Set the RESUME variable to override this.

but this "attempt" then fails for some reason, although the initramfs
should have the correct info (and IIRC should just try the first
available swap partition anyway.)

Thanks again and libre Grüße,
Florian