:: Re: [DNG] The Daedalus desktop need…
Página Principal
Autor: wirelessduck
Para: Olaf Meeuwissen
CC: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] The Daedalus desktop needs some love

> On 23 Jan 2022, at 13:27, Olaf Meeuwissen via Dng <dng@???> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> wirelessduck--- via Dng <dng@???> writes:
>
>> On 20 Jan 2022, at 23:33, Hendrik Boom <hendrik@???> wrote:
>>
>> It's nice if the desktop colours look good on a perfectly calibrated monitor.
>> But what's more important for it to look good on the variety of monitors
>> regular users use.
>> So we should test the imagery on the ordinary, everyday laptops and
>> monitors we have at home and work.
>> And it's important the the colours work even if one is colourblind.
>> I'd suggest viewing it converted to greyscale as a first try at testing
>> this, bt a friend of mine who is colourblind tells me it's far more
>> complicated than this.
>>
>> -- hendrik
>>
>> Can I suggest Color Oracle or similar as a tool to use here?
>>
>> https://colororacle.org/
>>
>> It allows you to apply a full screen filter to simulate what a colour
>> blind person would be seeing if they were viewing your monitor. It is
>> a Java app and I’ve only tested it on Windows some years ago but it
>> does say Linux compatible, with a link to source code on GitHub.
>
> Web developer tools for Firefox and Chromium should also contain tools
> to simulate colour blindness and some other visual impairments. I have
> played around with a tool for Chromium a while back but don't remember
> it's name.
>
> Hope this helps,
> --
> Olaf Meeuwissen

There are tools included in both Firefox and chrome.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Tools/Accessibility_inspector/Simulation

https://mobile.twitter.com/mathias/status/1237393102635012101

I prefer ColorOracle because it overlays the entire screen, not just a single window.

I tested it just now in Devuan 4 using Java 11 and it runs fine, adding the applet into the icon widget/system tray area of my tint2 panel in openbox. I’m guessing it should work just fine also with XFCE or similar desktop environment.

You can run it after downloading and unzipping with:

java -jar ColorOracle.jar