:: Re: [DNG] kernel-update: initramfs …
Página Principal
Autor: Olaf Meeuwissen
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] kernel-update: initramfs fails to find swap
Hi,

Florian Zieboll via Dng <dng@???> writes:

> On Fri, 21 Jan 2022 10:34:28 -0500
> tempforever <dev1@???> wrote:
>
>> Something to check/verify:
>> If swap is listed in /etc/fstab, then make sure it is listed by UUID
>> rather than block-id.
>> I mention this, since I have a (commented out) swap line in /etc/fstab
>
> Yes, in the fstab, the swap partition is active and defined by (the
> correct) UUID.

Just to make absolutely sure, you're saying that the output of

blkid -t TYPE=swap -s UUID -o value

matches what's in your /etc/fstab and /etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/resume
and you have run `update-initramfs -u` after confirming that?

I've been seeing these boot delays as well (on a Debian machine where
systemd "helpfully" waits for swap to become available and eventually
continues without when that times out after 90 seconds!) after I
recreated swap (moved the partition and ran mkswap on it).

Updating /etc/fstab and /etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/resume to match the
changed UUID and running `update-initramfs -u` made it go away.

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen                    FSF Associate Member since 2004-01-27