:: Re: [DNG] kernel-update: initramfs …
Author: Didier Kryn
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] kernel-update: initramfs fails to find swap
Le 21/01/2022 à 15:45, Florian Zieboll via Dng a écrit :
> after the latest kernel-update (chimaera, from 5.10.0-10-amd64 to
> 5.10.0-11-amd64), my desktop's initramfs no longer finds the swap
> (suspend/resume) partition.
>
> Running 'update-initramfs -u' returns the correct UUID "to resume
> from", and also adding the line
>
>     resume=UUID=<correct UUID here>
>
> to '/etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/resume' does not solve the issue:
> Booting stalls for half a minute and then continues with the
> information that it "gave up waiting for suspend/resume device".

    I must have missed something in the evolution of Linux because I'm
extremely surprised initramfs has anything to do with suspend/resume.
For me it was purely a kernel buizness, a mechanism in which all of the
memory and registers is dumped to the swap partition. At the time when
suspend occurs, the initramfs is already gone forever and, when resuming
the kernel restarts the system where it was suspended.

--     Didier