:: Re: [DNG] The Daedalus desktop need…
Author: golinux
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] The Daedalus desktop needs some love
On 2022-01-19 12:50, Lars Noodén via Dng wrote:
> On 1/17/22 23:17, golinux@??? wrote:
> [snip]> This is not a trivial task. The many pieces that need to be
> coordinated
>> are described in this HOW-TO:
>> https://git.devuan.org/devuan/documentation/src/branch/master/art/graphics/theming-devuan.md
> [snip]
>
> What quality of display(s) and color calibration are required?
>
> /Lars

In all the years I have been doing this, that question has never entered
my mind and I have no idea how to even begin answering it. I do "eye"
art not "machine" art. I can perceive even one increment change in a
hex.

Problem is . . . no one can know exactly what color another person is
seeing. Add to that the vagaries of the monitor and . . .

I don't know if a screenshot would capture the hex or what's showing on
your monitor but maybe you could give it a try for the chimaera desktop
and let us have a look.

golinux