:: Re: [DNG] Website "motto"?
Author: Florian Zieboll
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Website "motto"?
On Wed, 19 Jan 2022 06:01:29 -0600
o1bigtenor via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 19, 2022 at 3:55 AM <karl@???> wrote:
> >
> > Curtis:
> > > “Your first step matters”
> >
> > I'd prefer something that say that you as an owner is in control and
> > has the final say. That you are not subjected to random choises by
> > some clique.
> >

> I agree that that is what I want - - - - but I really like the idea of
> nothing negative. There has been a lot of very negative stuff flying
> around - - - somehow I think it is possible to make a point without
> having to destroy the opposing one. Maybe I'm assuming people
> would 'get it' and they don't. Just find it frustrating to be treated
> like I'm an idiot as some persons have seemed to want me to think that
> I am (for not finding their way as being 'wonderful' just because its
> theirs).
>
> HTH

I like "init freedom" very much and think, that it's fully sufficient
resp. that it doesn't need any further comment (nor advice).

The only change I would suggest is to add a colon, that it reads:

    init: freedom

or, to stress the "command" style, while keeping the syntax intact:

    > init freedom█

with a (blinking?) cursor at the end, seducing to hit [enter]...

This, I think, would make it even more obvious, that Devuan stands not
only for the freedom to choose among a number of init systems, but that
the this very choice will have a much greater impact subsequently.

libre Grüße,
Florian