:: [DNG] Website "motto"?
Author: Antony Stone
To: Dng
Subject: [DNG] Website "motto"?
Hi.

I wanted to check the current list of init systems supported by Devuan, so I
went to the website to find out.

I noticed the prominent motto "init freedom - watch your first step!" there,
and wonder whether this is an entirely positive thing for new visitors to the
Devuan world to see?

It could easily, I think, be taken to mean "be careful about taking a first
step in an unknown direction" (which is what Devuan is for a newcomer), and
could possibly make some people decide "oh, I'm not so sure about this; maybe
not, after all".

I'm sure there can be some more positive phrase we can use about init freedom,
to emphasise what it _gives_ people, not to emphasise being cautious about the
unknown.

Thoughts / opinions?

Antony.

--
Having been asked for a reference for this man,
I can confirm that you will be very lucky indeed

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.