:: Re: [DNG] merged /usr breakage
Author: Didier Kryn
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] merged /usr breakage
Le 07/01/2022 à 23:27, Hendrik Boom a écrit :
>>     Install can be user-configurable, this is easy, but the package provides
>> the way to uninstall and, for the uninstall to work, the install must be
>> hardcoded because the source of the package cannot remember what the user
>> has done at install time.
> So the installer can create the appropriate uninstall script, based on
> the parameters the user has provided.
>
> Then the uninstall script will have the user's own locations hardcoded
> into it.

    And what do you do with the uninstall script ? Is there any
standard place to store it, under what name?

    Currently, if you install hopman, you can get rid of the source.
Then, if you need to remove it, just download the source again, unpack
it and run 'make uninstall'. Having an uninstall script (actually a
makefile) is not a bad idea. We just need a standard place to put it. Ideas?

--     Didier