:: Re: [DNG] How to make non /usr merg…
Author: Antony Stone
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] How to make non /usr merged dpgs (was: Re: merged /usr breakage)
On Wednesday 05 January 2022 at 11:24:08, karl@??? wrote:

> > $ ldd /sbin/init | grep /usr
> >
> >         libpcre2-8.so.0 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpcre2-8.so.0
> >         (0x00007f737ba28000)

> So, how do I change the above package to install the lib in
> /lib//x86_64-linux-gnu instead ?
>
> I can get the source with:
> $ apt-get source libpcre2-8-0
> $ cd pcre2-10.36/debian

Make sure you cd to the version you just downloaded :)

> is it sufficient to change this file ?
> $ cat libpcre2-8-0.install
> debian/tmp/usr/lib/*/libpcre2-8.so.*
> $

No, I would expect it to be one of the ./configure options during the build
process.

> and if I manage to create the package, what name should I give it,
> something like libpcre2-8-0_nonusrmerge or what ?

Sure; call it what you like. From De{bi,vu}an's point of view what's
important is the "provides" section of the Debian build description.

Antony.

--
Douglas was one of those writers who honourably failed to get anywhere with
'weekending'. It put a premium on people who could write things that lasted

- Geoffrey Perkins, about Douglas Adams

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.