:: Re: [DNG] Announce: FlyingTux proje…
Author: Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Announce: FlyingTux project
On 06.08.21 22:19, Steve Litt wrote:

Hi,

> If I've got this right, FlyingTux is or creates containers hosting
> applications somebody develops. Do I have that right so far?

correct.

> What language(s) are best for building a FlyingTux container?

doesn't quite matter, as long as this works well with Linux :p
Actually, FT is trying to reuse existing code (and packages) as much
as possible.

FT itself (the runtime) is implemented in python, since I found it
the most easiest language to start off.

> Will the containers run on Linux, Windows, Mac and BSD also?

For now just Linux, unless you find a way for getting docker and
Linux containers running on other platforms - including features like
mounting host directories, fd passing, ...

> Does FlyingTux have a quick-programming facility for input screens as
> well as data access?

sorry, don't know what you mean exactly. can you explain more in detail?

--mtx