:: [devuan-dev] bug#55: marked as done…
Author: Devuan bug Tracking System
To: Daniel Reurich
Subject: [devuan-dev] bug#55: marked as done (VLC cannot read some DVDs from disc but can from ISO image file)
Your message dated Sat, 1 Jan 2022 11:25:06 +1300
with message-id <00cf7d0f-8b59-8f73-736f-61c03e339514@???>
and subject line Re: [Devuan-bugs] bug#55: VLC cannot read some DVDs from disc but can from ISO image file
has caused the Devuan bug report #55,
regarding VLC cannot read some DVDs from disc but can from ISO image file
to be marked as done.

This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact owner@???
immediately.)

--
55: https://bugs.devuan.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=55
Devuan Bug Tracking System

vlc cannot read some DVDs from disc but can read the same data if it is
stored as an ISO image in a file on the main file system. The file is
quite large:

$ ls -lh ~/DVDVOLUME.iso
-rw-r--r-- 1 me me 7.7G Apr 7 18:40 /home/me/DVDVOLUME.iso

vlc should be able to read the disc directly without going through a
middle step.

Tags: unreproduceible