:: Re: [DNG] Pipewire and PulseAudio: …
Author: aitor
To: dng
New-Topics: [DNG] Firefox/Icecat build (was: Re: Pipewire and PulseAudio: apulse & firefox)
Subject: Re: [DNG] Pipewire and PulseAudio: apulse & firefox
Hi,

On 16/12/21 7:08, Marc Shapiro via Dng wrote:
> I don't think I'm up for compiling firefox from source.

Packaging for i386 requires cross-compilation under 64 bits because it
takes a lot of ram:

http://packages.gnuinos.org/gnuinos/pool/main/i/icecat/
<http://packages.gnuinos.org/gnuinos/pool/main/i/icecat/>

All my native attempts failed, even with PAE extension. It requires also
a lot of swap.

> And it would have to be recompiled every time mozilla releases a new
> version.

It would have to be recompiled at every new release of devuan. But, as Didier has pointed out, packages pulled from
debian mirrors work with alsa out of the box. I don't know about the precompiled tarballs downloaded from mozilla's
website.

Cheers,

Aitor.