:: [DNG] Migrating from Docker to Podm…
Author: wirelessduck
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Migrating from Docker to Podman
Has anyone noticed issues when trying to switch from Docker to Podman
in Devuan chimaera?

I'm getting an error when trying to run the latest `hadolint` image in
Podman which doesn't occur under Docker.

$ docker run -it docker.io/hadolint/hadolint:v2.8.0 hadolint
Please provide a Dockerfile

$ podman run -it docker.io/hadolint/hadolint:v2.8.0 hadolint
hadolint: getXdgDirectory:getHomeDirectory:getUserEntryForID: does not
exist (No such file or directory)

Does this happen for anyone else, or have I broken something? I just
uninstalled docker and ran `apt-get install podman
debian-podman-config-override` so I haven't touched any other
configuration settings yet.

Podman does provide an upstream package repository
(https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/devel:kubic:libcontainers:stable/podman)
which I wanted to use to try the newer release version but
unfortunately their podman package has a dependency on
`dbus-user-session` making it unusable from Devuan. I'll try to spin
up a daedalus VM to test the newer version if the repositories for
that are ready to go.

--
Tom