:: Re: [DNG] system administration of …
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Peter Duffy
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] system administration of non-systemd distros and releases
Obviously the higher up the management tree that one goes, the less the
likelihood of finding someone who knows what systemd is, let alone
appreciates that running a systemd-based distro on a server is a risk,
if not actually a danger.

In my own case - (a) I hate systemd for all the standard reasons - and
more - and (b) I resent the requirement for learning a load of new
commands, file syntax and administration procedures, when the new stuff
offers no advantages whatsoever. I also (c) know from personal
experience that systemd occasionally causes hangs in bootup and
shutdown, and that's obviously disastrous if it affects a server with
300+ users.

>From the management point of view, (a) and (b) are irrelevant (although

it might be expected that my 25+ years' experience should give them some
weight); (c) ***should*** be relevant. The challenge is to find a way to
convey the fact that it's relevant.