:: [DNG] Use fscrypt with pam authenti…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: km
A: dng
Assumpte: [DNG] Use fscrypt with pam authentication
Good day.

First of all let me tell you that the dev1galaxy forum registration
doesn't work (http error 500 upon finishing registration). If someone
here is engaged with it, pease have a look.

Now, I just installed devuan on my laptop and wanted to protect my home
folder using fscrypt and pam. I followed the instructions on the
official github page. I installed both devuan packages, did 'sudo
pam-auth-update'. I successfully encrypt my home folder and when I log
in through the terminal, the home direcotry gets unlocked.

Now to the problem. If I log in with 'slim' (the graphical interface),
my screen hangs with dark blue background and nothing else. I thought
that maybe somehow it doesn't unlock the folder and that is true - on
fresh boot if I enter my login details, the the screen hangs and
checking with the terminal (as root), the files aren't decrypted. I
tried to manually unlock the folder and log in with slim with no
success.

Unfortunately I'm not aware how 'pam' works, nor I find any info in the
logs (Xorg.log, slim.log, syslog). I was searching for the problem and
found something that might be related, but out of my scope, so it may
be helpful to you:

https://github.com/systemd/systemd/commit/ab79099d1684457d040ee7c28b2012e8c1ea9a4f
https://githubmemory.com/repo/google/fscrypt/issues/95

I added my /etc/pam.d/elogind-user the following line:
session optional pam_keyinit.so force revoke

with no luck.

Thanks for your time, I'll be glad for any directions.
Regards,
Kul