:: Re: [DNG] Wanting to set up an emai…
Author: o1bigtenor
CC: Devuan ML
Subject: Re: [DNG] Wanting to set up an email system
On Tue, Nov 30, 2021 at 3:26 AM Adrian Zaugg <devuan.org@???>
wrote:

> In der Nachricht vom Monday, 29 November 2021 23:08:33 CET schrieb Adrian
> Zaugg:
> > Be prepared for a long, long journey.... setting up an email system with
> > SMTP/ IMAP/Webmail using all the goodies SPF/SRS, BATV, DKIM, DNSSEC, TLS
> > certs, DANE, virusscanning, anti-spam Measures (possibly greylisting,
> > classification, RBLs, dnswl, ...), virtual domain handling, user auth
> from
> > a directory, automatical MUA configuration, backup of the mailstorage,
> asf.
> ...sieve and vacation might also be nice and a solution for an
> addressbook,
> both integrated into the webmail....

Hmmmmmmmmm - - - - interesting ideas.
A couple votes for dovecot, lots of roll your own using selected from the
plethora of
options - - - but - - - - - .

I had thought that when I asked about an email system that there might be
words
re: dovecot (which I did see - - thanks) but what about iRedMail,
Citadel, Cyrus
- - - - - or are those considered groupware only?

I think I'm getting more confused rather than less!!!!!!!!!!

TIA

Regards