:: [devuan-dev] bug#637: xpdf crashes …
Author: David Haworth
To: Devuan Bug Tracking System
Subject: [devuan-dev] bug#637: xpdf crashes the window manager
Package: xpdf
Version: 3.04+git20211021-1
Severity: normal

Dear Maintainer,

xpdf crashes the window manager when trying to scroll the table of contents
in the left-hand pane. The crash happens both when dragging the slider
and when using the scroll wheel of the mouse.

The crash happens with both of my window managers: blackbox and xfce.

The crash seems to be related to the content of the PDF file, or
maybe the size. The RP2040 reference manual is the file where I
discovered the problem, but there may be others:

https://datasheets.raspberrypi.com/rp2040/rp2040-datasheet.pdf

I've tried to reproduce the problem on my company laptop running
debian unstable, also with both xfce and blackbox, but the crash
doesn't happen there.

All the best,
Dave

-- System Information:
Distributor ID:    Devuan
Release:    5
Codename:    daedalus ceres
Architecture: x86_64

Kernel: Linux 5.14.0-4-amd64 (SMP w/8 CPU threads)
Kernel taint flags: TAINT_OOT_MODULE, TAINT_UNSIGNED_MODULE
Locale: LANG=en_US.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8), LANGUAGE=en_US:en
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash
Init: sysvinit (via /sbin/init)
LSM: AppArmor: enabled

Versions of packages xpdf depends on: