:: Re: [DNG] system administration of …
Author: Dr. Nikolaus Klepp
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] system administration of non-systemd distros and releases
Anno domini 2021 Fri, 26 Nov 15:33:11 -0500
Ken Dibble scripsit:
> On 11/26/21 1:57 PM, dng@??? wrote:

> >> LOL! Isn't that exactly what big pharma is still doing with direct
> >> marketing to consumers of their latest "cure" for a newly discovered
> >> "disease"?
> >>
> >> golinux
> >
> > Well, big pharma does do some research and sometimes come with new and
> > useful medication. But it is true that they spend more on marketing
> > than on research.
> >
> > Grtz
> >
> > Nick

> I am not trying to create problems of any type.  I would honestly like
> the source of the claim that big pharma spends more on marketing than on
> research, before I repeat it, and am left without a defense.

5% R&D, 45% Marketing, 50% profit - at least these were the last published numbers. Sorry, I just have a source in german:
https://www.amazon.de/Lizenz-Pl%C3%BCndern-multilaterale-Abkommen-Investitionen/dp/3434530177

This book ist not the newest, but it has valid numbers. And both authors have quite a name :)

Nik