:: Re: [DNG] Menus: Was: What not to b…
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Menus: Was: What not to back up
viverna via Dng said on Thu, 25 Nov 2021 20:35:34 +0100

>il devuanizzato Steve Litt <slitt@???> il 24-11-21
>17:19:51 ha scritto:
>>know this because I once tried to make a CLI (or maybe nCurses)
>>version of dmenu and failed.
>>
>>SteveT
>>
>>Steve Litt
>A dmenu clone for the console:
>
>https://github.com/joshaw/slmenu
>
>Unfortunately the code has not been updated in years but it is easy to
>modify.

Thanks Viverna!

That code is beautiful. I'll try out the program, and if it works or if
I can get it to work, I might completely separate the menu logic from
the input and output. Also, I think it would be very useable as it is,
as a CLI program.

I find it interesting that all output of that program is to stderr,
probably because he doesn't want to add anything to stdout for fear of
messing up the encapsulating program.

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt