:: [devuan-dev] bug#633: gdb trace - a…
Author: Mark Hindley
To: Fabio Muzzi, 633
New-Topics: [devuan-dev] bug#633: Actually sysvinit /sbin/shutdown's fault
Subject: [devuan-dev] bug#633: gdb trace - and a workaround
Control: tags -1 debian

Fabio,

Thanks for this and debugging what is going on.

On Sat, Nov 20, 2021 at 11:54:29PM +0100, Fabio Muzzi wrote:

> I have gone further and run gdb.
>
> It seems that the agent actually tries to call /sbin/shutdown with the following parameters:
>
> "-h -P +0 hypervisor initiated shutdown"

To me, this is a bug in qemu-agent which is assuming the guest is running
systemd.

qemu-agent is not a forked package and Devuan uses Debian's packages directly
without recompilation. So, in principle, this is an issue that needs reporting
to Debian's BTS to be fixed there. However, if there is a configuration option
to change the shutdown command sent, we might be able to override that in
Devuan. I don't use the package myself, so it would be helpful if you could
investigate that?

Thanks

Mark