:: Re: [DNG] lpr command not working
Author: Haines Brown
To: Ralph Ronnquist via Dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] lpr command not working
On Tue, Nov 16, 2021 at 12:28:57PM +1100, Ralph Ronnquist via Dng wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Nov 2021 19:21:15 -0500
> Haines Brown <haines@???> wrote:
> > These problems I'll pursue, but my pont is that none of the ways to
> > get access to the lpr command are workig.
>

> use: $ lpstat -d -v -p
> to list which the default printer is and which pringters there are

$ lpstat -d -v -p
no system default destination
lpstat: Bad file descriptor
lpstat: Bad file descriptor

> use: # lpadmin -d "$queue"
> to set $queue as the default for cups and lpr

I'm unsure whether you are telling me now to set the queue for CUPS
or if I need to set it to "queue".

I do # /etc/cups/diff -y cupsd.conf cupsd.conf.O | less .
I discover that is it cups.conf.<uppsercase o> not cups.conf<zero>.
So "O" means Original?

My current cupsd.conf has line Port 631 vs. Listen localhost:631

My current location is

  <Location />
    # Allow shared printing...
    Order allow,deny
    Allow @LOCAL
  </Location>

the file cupsd.conf.O has

  <Location />
  # Restrict access to the server...
    Order allow,deny
  </Location>

One thing I could is to backup /etc/cups/cupsd.conf and replace
it with cupsd.conf.O and reinstall the printer. Would you suggest
doing this?

> (using cups-lpr)

what does this mean?

--