:: [DNG] Embedded devuan (was Re: Dev…
Author: karl
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Embedded devuan (was Re: Devuan with usr merge?)
Didier Kryn:
> Le 16/11/2021 à 01:44, Florian Zieboll via Dng a écrit :
> > On Mon, 15 Nov 2021 21:19:08 +0100

> > As I use to do a minimal *.bian install on my SoC hardware, which
> > I afterwards move to the Devuan repositories, while keeping the
> > related original "firmware" repository, I must confess that the
> > whole "embedded"-thing is still somewhat unclear to me, at least
> > regarding kernel and firmware updates. I'd be more than happy to
> > get a hint towards an honest introduction to this topic.

If you are using embedded linux, you probably have an ip-connection to
the hw and uboot as the fw/bootlooder/bios or what you prefer to call it.
If you have an ip-connection, you can just ssh to the box and copy it to
the right place and do whatever is needed.
You usually don't update the processor, embedded board or other fw
than uboot. If you want to do that you have to check the manufacturer
documentation.

>     I wish to every Linux fan to live this adventure.

Ack, here is example manufacturer documentation of the process:
http://developer.embedian.com/display/LOS/SMARC+T335X

That hw is similar to the BeagleBoneBlack mentioned by Antoine,
so if you start off the BBB, this one could be the next in your
learning curve.

Regards,
/Karl Hammar