:: Re: [DNG] eudev issue after beowulf…
Author: Riccardo Mottola
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] eudev issue after beowulf upgrade
Hi,

On 11/13/21 4:06 PM, Riccardo Mottola via Dng wrote:
> thanks for the hint. I did the upgrade using directly two of the
> packages and, voilà things work again and USB disks and CD-ROM appear
> correctly again in xfce.

actually, I was too quick too rejoyce. Installed new eudev and rebooted,
all fine.

Strangely, after a new reboot the day after, even with the new udev
stuff, xfce shows wrong mounted filesystems:

Usually I only see one icon "File System" and if I put in a removable
device, like an USB key or a CD, it pops up on the desktop.

Now, instead, I see, other than "FileSystem" also "Filesystem root"
(duplicate essentially but shown as a removable device) and "cdrom0"
even if there is no CD. If I put in a USB key nothing gets shown, so I
cannot access it.

What could be going wrong? strange it is so stable during boots.

Riccardo