:: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2021-11-…
Author: B Stack
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2021-11-04
# Devuan meet 2021-11-04 @20:30 UTC

Present: Hendrik, plasma41, bgstack15, fsmithred

Regrets: rrq, LeePen, Adam, golinux, bb|hcb

## Old Business

### rrq
* after rudimentary branding wiki.devuan.org is now really waiting on a)
  a sysadmin who takes care of the installation and host, b) an ed-admin
  who takes care of the content and layout and author coordination, and
  c) authors. Obviously my pre-cursory branding should be corrected by
  the admins. The site is currently closed for registration.
* together with LeePen we got the backup going again. The scheme is as
  before except that the mirroring is changed into snap-shotting the
  most recent "daily" onto a remote nilfs2 file system that is set up to
  keep past versions at a simple schedule (keep last version in the most
  recent few of any named period [hour,day,week,month,year]).
  * interestingly thet NAT pass-through of rrqnet for the mirroring was
    disturbed by regular transport disconnects and it needed a rather
    special patch to avoid certain message sizes.
    * (hendrik) I might be interested in being b) an ed-admin, but
      before I commit I'd have to know what the job is.  In any case I
      won't be available until December.

### LeePen
* Updated packages in ceres/daedalus: dbus, pdns-recursor (64bit only),
debootstrap

## Old Actions

## New Business

### plasma
* Well, since the notes are so sparse this week, just before the meeting
started, I noticed this video from Level1Techs about using Devuan with
Podman. https://invidious.snopyta.org/watch?v=8sG01gZS-2g Neat if
you're into that sort of thing.

## New Actions
* DST ends this weekend in US so meet here 1 hour earlier next week
  * (plasma41) Obligatory video about programmers and timezones:
    https://invidious.snopyta.org/watch?v=-5wpm-gesOY