:: Re: [DNG] mutt and html
Author: Eric Pozharski
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] mutt and html
On Wed, Nov 03, 2021 at 12:45:02PM -0600, Bob Proulx via Dng wrote:
> Hendrik Boom wrote:

>> ~/.muttrc:
>> set mailcap_path="~/.mailcap"
> Strange. This is not needed to be set for me. Does that setting
> override the default use of /etc/mailcap?

Yes and no, it's simpler and more complicated. '~/.mailcap' and
'/etc/mailcap' (and couple of others) are smashed together and then some
entry wins. Thing is, rules applied are different for mime-tools and
mutt, I think. Thus, maybe you don't need this setting.

>> auto_view text/html
>> Unfortunately it now prefers the .html version to the plaintext
>> version. I presume I need an alternative_order line.

*SKIP*
> I don't know if there is a better way to configure it. But because of
> not being able to deduce a way to avoid this undesired behavior I
> avoid that configuration and use an explicit 'm' to mimecap-view the
> html part explicitly instead.

As I understand your requirements, (just mentioned above)
'alternative_order' list (or is it command?) needs adjustment. Thing
is, I can't find a way to query contents of 'alternative_order' *list*,
thus you need 'unalternative_order' *command*, and then set *list* with
'alternative_order' *command*. Anyway, this kindof documented in
section "MIME Multipart/Alternative".

*CUT*