:: Re: [DNG] Is it dead yet?
Author: spiralofhope
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Is it dead yet?
On Tue, 26 Oct 2021 23:15:15 -0400
Hendrik Boom via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

> I'll have to replace the RAM, I guess.  Or find out what memory bus
> is failing.

I know this sounds odd, but I had memory errors galore which were
solved by a new power supply.

Apparently a jackass flipping breakers off and on quickly had stressed
it out. Linux worked without complaint but Windows 8.1 occasionally
bluescreened. If you have a spare PSU, try that first.

-

This may be obvious, but a memory testing suggestion:

Remove all but one stick

With that one stick in a particular slot, memtest

If failed, repeat with each single stick in that same slot

If all fail, move up a slot and test each stick

I know it's a pain, but it might determine if the any/all memory sticks
or if the motherboard are bad.