:: [DNG] Chimaera unknown interwork in…
Author: Haines Brown
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Chimaera unknown interwork interface
With Beowulf, udev gave my wireless interface the name of a MAC
address rather than wlan0. I thought the renaming would appear again
with Chimaera, but not so. The wireless interface named wlan0. The
ethernet interface remains eth0 although I expected it to be given
its MAC address as well.

My question, though, is a third interface that shows up and is not being used.

enxf8e43b46877cc flags=4099<UP,BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500

The only devices are the motherboard ethernet and wireless chips.
What is this interface?

Incidentally, I installed Chimaera on a Gigabyte AORUS Z590 Ax
motherboard and had no problems with the wireless autoconfiguration.
The firmware in Chimaera worked nicely with the Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201
bluetooth/wireless module.

--
Haines Brown