:: [devuan-dev] bug#622: libczmq-dev d…
Author: Mark Hindley
To: Fernando M. Maresca, 622
Subject: [devuan-dev] bug#622: libczmq-dev depends on libsystemd-dev
Fernando,

On Fri, Oct 22, 2021 at 04:19:41PM -0300, Fernando M. Maresca wrote:
> Package: libczmq-dev
> Version: 4.2.1-1
> Severity: grave
> Justification: renders package unusable
>
> Dear Maintainer,
>
> the Package: libczmq-dev cannot be installed because of it's dependency
> on libsystemd-dev.

libczmq-dev comes from src:czmq which is not a forked package in Devuan. We use
Debian's packages directly without recompilation. Therefore the libsystemd-dev
dependency is expected.

The only reason to install the package I can see is as a build dependency of
another source package in which case you need to use a build chroot as
documented in libelogind0's README.Debian[1].

Or do you have another reason to install the package outside a chroot?

Thanks.

Mark

[1] /usr/share/doc/libelogind0/README.Debian