:: Re: [DNG] Er, Not that way ? (wa…
Author: Olaf Meeuwissen
To: spiralofhope
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Er, Not that way ? (was: Announcing Devuan 4.0: Chimaera!)
Hi spiralofhope,

spiralofhope writes:

> On Mon, 18 Oct 2021 18:52:05 +0900
> Olaf Meeuwissen via Dng <dng@???> wrote:
>
>> Might I suggest $HOME/bin :-)
>
> For me I've only had a few offline custom scripts in:
>
> $HOME/live/path
>
> If I thought about it further, I'd probably make it something more
> obvious, like:
>
> $HOME/live/scripts/sh/in-path

Hmm, I for one wouldn't call that more obvious :-)

> Since I share (on GitHub), a crazy large number are in:
>
> /live/OS/shell-random/git/live/sh/scripts
> /live/OS/shell-random/git/live/zsh/scripts
>
> I use live/zombie/dead because I use terms from tabletop roleplaying
> necromancy to help visualize my data.

If that helps you, fine. I'm not into that so organizing things that
way would confuse the hell out of me.

>> It's been 20+ years since "last century" ...
>
> I felt that. :(

I didn't mean to imply people having grown old, just their ways of doing
and/or organizing things.

FWIW, I spent the larger half of my life in the last century (as of
writing at least).

Hope this helps,