:: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2021-09-…
Author: B Stack
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2021-09-30
# Devuan meet 2021-09-30 @20:30 UTC

Present: Xenguy, rrq, amesser, Hendrick, plasma41
Regrets: fsmithred, golinux, jaromil, LeePen, bb|hcb

## Old Business

### rrq
* do we have any progress with the mailing lists service?
* do we have any progress with the wiki service?
* the installer ISOs need release notes and readme; all else is ready
* note: the infrastructure has got access limiting (thanks bb|hcb)

### amesser
* was not able to spend much time on wicd.
* upgraded internet -> jitsi video should work now :-)

## Old Actions

## New Business

### golinux
* The correct link styling has been worked out on pkginfo query results,
* Trying to get the key from Beer to transfer devuan.net to dyne now
  that jaromil has been located and informed.
* Report from fsr:
  * Here's the "missing icons on upgrade" fix:
    https://forum.xfce.org/viewtopic.php?id=15085
  * It seems that an Xfce4 config file needs to be deleted and that it
    will recreate itself properly after logout and back in. I have added
    to the release notes to alert those upgrading Xfce.
* Bikeshedding won the day at the Saturday meet to get www prepared for
  the Chimaera release. Not my problem anymore

### Beer

## Collaboration. Started as
https://git.devuan.org/devuan/www.devuan.org/pulls/12 ... ended up as
https://git.devuan.org/devuan/tellpackage/commit/bd0814f8e26aa1d59f7d4a6832ac65dc5e615d10
Follow up: https://git.devuan.org/devuan/www.devuan.org/pulls/13

## `devuan.net`
* (gl) Regarding the key . . . jaromil just responded with "this is in
my agenda for this week". I suggested that he contact you directly to
get a new one when he is ready to do it.

### plasma41
* https://dilbert.com/strip/2017-01-02
* I did some reading and now I have at least a modicum of understanding
  of the syntax of CSS. I still need to do much more reading on the
  subject, but I can at least now review very _very_ small changes with
  some degree of confidence.
  * (gl) css knowledge is irrelevantd to the tasks currently needed for
    chimaera.  The only way to learn css is to create a website from
    scratch in a text editor. Create a page.  Look at it. Go back to css
    and fiddle. Look again. Eyes are the most important part of this
    process. Think forest not leaves, grasshopper . . .

## New Actions
* Modify website processes and procedures documentation to reflect
  reality instead of how stuff worked a few years ago.
  * (gl) Each www site is a unique combination of html,css and other
    elements. I suspect that fragmenting those elements according to
    purpose (which breaks the cohesiveness of the individual website as
    a unit) is a decision made by those who have never designed a
    website from the ground up. Have fun devolving things to satisfy an
    abstract sense of order that will ultimately make working on those
    sites more difficult.
  * (hendrik) This documentation change looks like something to do after
    the chimaera release, though it *may* be worthwhile to make notes
    about it while we're putting the release together -- just so that
    we'll remember what's up when we finally get around to doing this.
  * (plasma41) Yes, I don't disagree that this should happen only after
    Chimaera stuff is done.
* (Beer) Improve `tellpackage` documentation
* (Beer) Start a discussion on `devuan.unetresgrossebite.com` ->
  `bugs.devuan.org`
  * (hendrik) bug number 21.
  * (gl) The above domain name is quite descriptive of the ascendant
    dynamic. Soooo . . . Was anything useful towards updating
    chimaera-related info on the website or preparing the necessary
    release documentation done since the last meet? Do any of the
    actions above address that? That is the elephant in the room. Talk
    is cheap and venting and bureaucratic shuffling and leaping towards
    the future does not get the work necessary to release chimaera done
    in the present. It may give comfort and the appearance of action but
    in reality accomplishes nothing useful that is needed NOW. Time to
    get into gear and get it done!