:: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2021-09-…
Author: B Stack
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2021-09-23
# Devuan meet 2021-09-23 @20:30 UTC

Present: Xenguy, bb|hcb, golinux, Hendrik, Beer, plasma41

Regrets: LeePen

## Old Business

## Old Actions

## New Business

### Git/Gitea

#### rrq
* introducing traffic shaping for infrastructure
  * avoid being overwhelmed by spiders (esp multi-homed spiders that
    spread their access across multiple clients)
  * support mirror downloads
  * support interactive access to web site, forum and git
  * distributed: applying control at the gateways with the decision
    logic together with the services
* on lookout for forum caretaker (again)

#### Beer
* `git.devuan.org` inaccessible/unusable? Cf. Mailing List Any help
needed? Web traffic rate-limiting?

### Chimaera release

#### LeePen
* Debian Bullseye point release 11.1 is scheduled for 9/10 Oct. Maybe we
should release Chimaera just after that?
* (plasma41) I think that would be a good idea.

#### Xenguy
* Launch date: let's discuss.
*--

### LeePen
* Will not be able to attend, apologies.
* brltty initscript has been fixed in Debian. See
[#994729](https://bugs.debian.org/994729)

### golinux
* tito is updating his desktop migration script for bullseye to chimaera
https://git.devuan.org/farmatito/migration.git
* Xenguy, plasma41 and I are working on getting the website
documentation in order.
* The eudev-project is moving along nicely:
https://github.com/eudev-project/ ircs://irc.libera.chat:6697/#eudev
Note that skarnet is in the mix too. (bb|hcb) Advice on adding CI to
eudev
* Fall equinox is here. And now we slide into darkness as the nadir
approaches . . .

### Xenguy
* `www` repo branch merged to main repo; review of main web site pages
  now in progress.
  * beta.devuan.org
* CSS files are being revisited/adjusted.
  * (plasma41) https://git.devuan.org/devuan/tellpackage is the repo for
    pkginfo.devuan.org. I see it contains a css directory.

### Beer
* `devuan.net` domain is due for renewal ***before***
2021-10-19T00:08:22Z

## New Actions
* Xenguy, plasma41 and golinux will build the needed www documentation
file structure this weekend.
* beer has hopefully found why the pkginfo css isn't connecting with the
script. Will also straighten that out this weekend.
* golinux likes action :)