:: Re: [DNG] Review of documentation n…
Author: Eric Pozharski
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Review of documentation needed
On Mon, Sep 20, 2021 at 09:08:16AM -0400, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 19, 2021 at 10:31:19PM -0500, golinux@??? wrote:
> > On 2021-09-16 22:30, golinux@??? wrote:

*SKIP*
> The command for finding the correct display driver:
> root@devuan:~# apt-cache search xserver-xorg-video-.* | pager
> Shouldn't the '*' be quoted in some manner so that the apt-cache
> command gets to interpret it instead of the shell:

No, it might not. It's bashism (zsh has special option to let filename
generation fail, and it's unset by default; while bash)

% bash
bash-5.1$ echo abc*
abc*

It's risky indeed, but it's hard to imagine files with
'xserver-xorg-video-.' prefix just laying around (these days).

p.s. Ok then. Done with get-off-my-lawn mode this time.

*CUT*