:: Re: [maemo-leste] /etc/resolv.conf …
Author: Merlijn Wajer
To: maemo-leste
Subject: Re: [maemo-leste] /etc/resolv.conf not being updated?
Hi Pavel,

On 12/09/2021 09:35, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
>> Is Leste a systemd distro? Because that sounds like standard behaviour
>> for systemd-networkd and/or dhcpc:
>> https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Systemd-networkd#Required_services_and_setup
>
> AFAICT Leste is Debian - systemd + phone parts.

Correct, we do not use systemd, but OpenRC.

>> Also see
>>
>> https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Resolv.conf#Overwriting_of_/etc/resolv.conf
>>
>> It's a bit confusing; I'm trying to say that the behaviour could be
>> intentional since you manually created the file.
>
> Yes, it is, that's why I'm asking. Leste does not seem to use
> NetworkManager, either....

This is also correct, ICD2 is used. I guess that resolv.conf is written
by the IPv4 plugin [1], but I am not sure why it would not update. The
scripts date back to Fremantle time (N900 Maemo) so they could probably
use an update. Is /ec/resolv.conf file modifiable?

Cheers,
Merlijn

[1] https://github.com/maemo-leste/libicd-network-ipv4