:: [DNG] basilisk browser hangs
Author: Haines Brown
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] basilisk browser hangs
I've happily run the basilisk browser for a couple years, but recently
it bagan to hang. On sites that are more demanding such as Amazon and
eBay. When I do things there's a hang that lasts perhaps a minute.

When I look at Basilisk's requirements I'm left unsure whether beowuld
is up to them. It requires a 64-bit distribution, 1 Gb RAM, GTK+ 3.4
or hightr, GLib 2.22 or higher, Pango 1.14 or higher, X.Org 1.0 or
higher (1.7 or higher recommended), lbstdc++ 4.61 or higher.

Not sure but I suspect beowulf is runing GTK 3.0.0, and pango 1.0,
etc. If so, it may be that the hangs are because my software is a bit
dated. I tried clearing cache but it had no obvious effect.

Would an upgrade to cimaera likely remove the hangs? I've done it on a
couple systems without a problem, but not my production system.

--
Haines Brown