:: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2021-08-…
Author: B Stack
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2021-08-12
# Devuan meet 2021-08-12 @20:30 UTC

Present: LeePen, Hendrik, Xenguy, fsmithred, rrq, golinux

## Old Business

## Old Actions

## New Business

### LeePen Package updates:
  * ceres: sshguard
  * beowulf security and proposed-updates: tomcat9 (thanks amesser)
    tomcat9 in ceres requires update. live-config also.

### Xenguy

#### Chimaera documentation

##### `documentation` repo
* Currently working on the `Master` branch, as instructed by
documentation left behind by Chillfan.
* Decided to adopt Chillfan's methodology and workflow, and continue to
work with documentation in this repo in Markdown (MD) format. Final
versions will be converted to HTML, and post-processed, then copied to
the main web site. Translations will be dealt with later.
* To start, copied the following files to:
`documentation/install-guides/chimaera`, to update to Chimaera:
* `bullseye-to-chimaera.md`
* `devuan-install.md`
* `general-information.md`
* `network-configuration.md`
* `upgrade-to-chimaera.md`
* Note that rrq has made revisions to `network-configuration.html` in
another repo that still need to be backported to the MD file above, in
this scenario.
* There **is** a better way to reference the above [files in the Git
Store](https://git.devuan.org/devuan/documentation/src/branch/master/install-guides/chimaera)
(thanks rrq).
* So far there is no grand strategy, but if there was one it might be
called 'following my nose, in the dark' ; -)

##### `www.devuan.org` repo
* Currently working on a separate local branch. Will eventually push
this up to remote for purposes of review when I've gone as far as I
can.
* Current method is to make [a list of any web pages/files that need
updating for a full
release](https://gitea.devuan.dev/Xenguy/Xenguy_website-notes#user-content-new-releases).
* One aim is to document all files that need to be touched for a full
release, for future reference.

##### Done (action items from last meeting)
* [x] Locate/create the new subdirectory parallel to dev1fanboy's
  documentation subdirectory in the `www` repo.
  * [x] Email Hendrik to clarify collaboration on Chimaera
    documentation.
  * [x] 'Upgrading to Chimaera' instructions are needed.

### hendrik
* I started trying to follow the draft 'upgrade-to-chimaera'
instructions and was blocked by my beowulf system not being quite
complete. I'm providing an ongoing informal log of the process at
http://topoi.pooq.com/hendrik/upgrade-notfound-beowulf-to-chimaera.html

## New Actions