:: Re: [DNG] a how to question (projec…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: terryc
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] a how to question (project(s) related)
On Sun, 15 Aug 2021 09:43:46 -0500
o1bigtenor via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

> Greetings
>
> I'm finding myself occasionally drowning in information resulting in
> me trying to improve the connection between what I'm working on AND
> the information that I'm collecting.

Aah, an old, old problem. The problem as I see it is not pack ratting
the information, but finding where it is; aka indexing it.

The best Linux based solution I've come across and used was htdig* which
basically searched and indexed your files almost to altavista depth and
allowed you to use your browser to access the information.

I mainly used it to serve up various mailing list archives on a list
by list basis.

It is in the repository. I think it was unsupported for a while, but
now it looks to be back.

However, looking back through the old webserver pages, it seems is
produced a html page for every document. Being mailing lists, these are
text only, but if you are using the browser that should give you
access to various plug-ins.